A broadcast message delivers an instance level message from the admin to all users.
- Container: Wraps the content.
- Icon: The bullhorn icon indicates an announcement.
- Message: Text content indicating the purpose.
- Dismiss button (optional): Permanently removes the broadcast message for a user.
When to use
- Make an announcement or provide a notification from an admin to all users within a single instance.
When not to use
- If you need to provide a system generated, contextual, and timely message to a user, use an alert instead.
- If you are immediately confirming a user's action while they remain in the same view, use a toast instead.
Background color is chosen by the admin from a set of swatches when creating the broadcast message.
Expires after a set period defined by the admin, but may also be dismissed by a user if the dismiss setting is enabled by the admin.
Contains a small amount of text content that uses the container width when user preference is set to use a fixed width layout.
- Located at the top of the page, above the global navigation.
- Multiple broadcast messages stack vertically.
- Part of the DOM order on load, and should flow in the natural reading order.
- The dismiss button uses
Last updated at: