Co-branded lockups are created by the Brand Design team for approved GitLab partnerships, events, and campaigns. We default to the partner company’s co-branding lockup standards, but adhere to the following when such standards do not exist:
- Use the core GitLab logo.
- Ensure both logos are visually equal in size.
- Insert a gray line (Gray 03) between the logos equal to the height of the GitLab logo.
- Center both logos vertically; the company’s logo should not exceed the height of the tanuki.
Ensure proper clear space (x-height equal to the height of the letter 'a' from our wordmark) around all sides of both logos.
Program lockups are used to identify GitLab’s various marketing efforts around product-related topics or bring general awareness to GitLab’s offerings; this occurs through programs, initiatives, and communities that are promoted both internally and externally. The lockup should always be accompanied by GitLab branding.
For GitLab team members looking to create a lockup for their program, please access this self-service template via Canva, or request a new design using the appropriate issue template. The format of the lockup is as follows:
- Begin with GitLab on its own line, followed by the program name. Text should not exceed 3 lines total or 12 characters per line.
- Use Inter Semi Bold for GitLab and Inter Regular for the program name. Set the leading to 112% (1.1 in Canva) and tracking to 0.
- Default to Charcoal for the fill color of the entire lockup.
- Add the lockup’s logomark; this shape extends from the top of the G down to the baseline of the second line of text and features two rounded corners, with the pointed corner leading to GitLab.
- Select a white icon from the icon library that represents the program. Center it in the logomark. There should be at least 30% padding around the icon. If you need a new icon created, please submit an issue for a new design request.
- Contact the Brand Design team for approval of the final lockup. You can also access the design approval feature in Canva for review.
Ensure proper clear space (x-height equal to the height of the logomark) around all sides of the lockup. Program lockups should always be accompanied by the GitLab logo and never exceed 75% of the width of the GitLab logo on any given asset.
Last updated at: